Sometimes while I’m running I try to think of good things. I remember one run I went on where I wore my Nike “Running Sucks” t-shirt and it was a terrible run. By the end of it I decided it was a bad run because I covered myself in negativity just by wearing that shirt. When I bought it I thought it was really funny and it was OK to wear it running because at least I was running. Right? Not so much, I haven’t worn it since. Just like in real life attitude is everything.
So often when I’m running I mentally equate the lessons I learn out there to my real life. It’s how I motivate myself to keep going. I know from experience in life we can keep going by just taking one day at a time or even during the really hard times, one minute at a time . When I’m running it’s often one step at a time or just one song. I’m not big on giving up.
So, yesterday while I was running I started thinking about what I was thankful for. All the while thinking about how the same lessons are true for our everyday lives. Here is my thankful list from yesterday:
- I am thankful for small hills.
- I am thankful for shady places.
- I am thankful for cool breezes.
- I am thankful for beautiful views.
- I am thankful for Pandora and the Bee Gee’s station and the fact that in a thirty minute run the station played “Brick House” and Earth, Wind, and Fire’s “September” at just the right times.
- Lastly, I’m thankful for the people who water their lawns in the middle of the afternoon. Thank you.
I’m also very thankful that time passing never changes. A minute is always a minute no matter how it feels and it’s guaranteed to be over within a minute. Thank you, time.
I hope you have a wonderful week and as sure as a minute passes, so does Monday and before you know it it’ll be the weekend again and the run will be over, just in time for the next one.