This morning is the first day of the new year for me because yesterday I enjoyed the holiday, and sat around and played W.o.W. I tried really hard to finish all my favorite foods that were calling to me, and I stayed up late. I know, I’m crazy sometimes. This morning is my fresh start. I’ve spent a couple of days trying to think of what I’d like to work on this year, and here’s my list.
1. Start a 365 day photo project: I’ve decided to do this after being inspired by Kaylah at The Dainty Squid. Her blog is amazing and full of fabulous treasures. You must check it out, and see if you’re not inspired to start 365 days of photos.
2. Get back on my fitness! I know, this one is very original. Crossfit and Running are my two “go-to” forms of fitness. I’ve done nothing for the last 60+ days and it shows. As I enter into my 50th year of life I’m reminded that it is really hard to get fit and stay fit, and super easy to get unfit. Seriously, it takes like, 16 hours. If you are interested in starting a running program you can follow the one I posted last summer at the link above. I’ll be hopping on that one again in a speed form.
3. I have a great and easy Schedule that I follow, and it really works. Sometimes I flake out, and I don’t follow it. I know that when I do I worry less.There is less to do on the house, and more gets done in my work life, so I’m down to get back at it.
4. I want to dance more. By the time I was 15 I had already been dancing ballet for 9 years. I miss it. I danced a bit in college and have taken adult classes before, but I don’t dance anymore. I need to. As I get into the music Emma is in love with, I’m so inspired because it’s all cello, violin, piano, and everything classical. Seriously, I’m dying to dance. I used to go swing dancing, but haven’t been in 14 years. It’s time.
5. Time to eat healthier. Food is a drug and I want to make sure I’m taking the right ones. Period.
6. I want to write more letters.
7. The biggest thing I want to do this year is to film with my camera. I shoot with a 5D Mark II and it’s the same camera used to film many of the Walking Dead episodes and even the movie Act of Valor. PS Bitchen movie, and if you’d like to see more about it’s filming you can check it out here.
So that’s my list. I try not to get too crazy because I’m very neurotic about not doing what I said I would, so I try not to set the bar too high. LOL! No, really.
What are your plans this year? Are you planning to make any changes? Right now, I’m going to go eat a fabulous and healthy breakfast that Emma, my 11 year old daughter made because she’s awesome.