Do you ever get in that place where nothing is inspiring you?
Augh, I feel like I’m a lump sitting on my chair. Inside I’m pushing myself. “Get up, go… Moooove.” Yesterday I went out to do some weeding just so I could feel like I did something. Each day I’m making sure to get good, full school days in with Emma. That is really paying off, but it’s definitely a struggle. I think about my little blog and I feel like I’m wearing cement shoes (on my brain). Something in my gut is telling me I may have an imbalance with my thyroid medication but I’m too tired to pursue it. I wish I was a little kid and someone could take care of that for me…
This week, I felt like taking a nap on my office floor and I haven’t felt like that in over a year. Don’t you hate that?
So here we are on Inspiration Saturday… Uninspired.
Seriously, how do bloggers do it? Are they really always on? Do they really always have perfect houses? I follow some gals I absolutely love and enjoy, but really? Can they really be that perfect? I’ve had huge goals of blogging all the wonderful things in life, but sometimes life is mundane. Just sometimes, it’s heavy and soggy, and I get tired. Don’t you? What do you do then?
Hey, is this post making you feel sleepy?
So all that being said, let me inspire you. If you are in the same place as I am and you feel, MEH…
- Just keep moving forward. For example, I took a cell phone pic just now for this post, and when I did, I noticed my office was dusty, I dusted it. Done. Something accomplished today.
- Give yourself a break. You don’t need to save the world every day. Rest is good, God even made a whole day for it.
- Embrace the sleep. Take a little nap if you need to, your body knows what it needs, listen to it. PS naps are highly underrated.
- Seek out the things you love. When you get into a rut, listen to your music, watch your favorite movie, be with your people. Don’t hibernate, and if you do, don’t do it for more than a day. Seriously, it scares people.
- Be open to help. If someone tries to pull you out of your funk, go along with it. It’ll help. This may mean you go on that walk.
- If you have any physical conditions that may be why you feel crabby, get it fixed. No one will fight for your health or well being as well as you. Do it. I’ll call on Monday, I promise.
In closing this post out, a secret, NO ONE IS PERFECT. I promise. There are only perfect presentations. I spent 13 years as a police dispatcher talking to well over a million people. Everybody’s got something, just like everybody else. Embrace it, believe it, and just keep on doing your best.
A thousand hugs.